Moab to St. George – The Rundown
June 7-8, 2013
What is the Rockwell Relay: Moab to St. George? It’s taking 3 of your buddies and cycling, non-stop, from Moab to St. George. One teammate in the saddle at all times makes for a ‘never forget’ experience. Covering 516 miles of majestic beauty, it is a ride that only invokes a sense of awe. It will test your mind, body, and soul.
The race begins in Moab, UT on Friday, June 7 at 8 am. Start line is at Swanny Park. The course will follow the scenic backroads of southern Utah, traveling through two National Parks and Utah’s most beautiful landscapes. The race will continue through the night into Saturday until each team reaches the finish in downtown St. George, UT at the Town Square Park. Total miles traveled will be 516.
Each team will include 4 cyclists. Each cyclist will ride a total of 3 legs of the course. The average of each leg is 44 miles. Cyclist 1 will ride Leg 1, then at the first exchange switch off to Cyclist 2, and so on until all 12 legs are completed. For more details see the race bible.
Late Registration is open.
The cost is $160 per cyclist. $20 of your team entry will go straight to a charity of your choice via–> Threshold Gives. Standard Registration will close May 8th and Late Registration starts May 9th. Late Registration cost is $175.00 per cyclist. Registration closes May 26th.
Click HERE to register.
Click Here to see a list of whats included with your race fees.
Help Completing Your Team?
- For those of you who are ready to sign up but don’t have 4 people on your team yet, we are here to help! You have two options to choose from: 1) Try and find other individuals who wish to form a team via our Facebook Fan Page. Head on over, check our wall, make a post, complete your team. 2) You can register individually and be placed on a team with other individual registrants to form a new team. We will assign you to a team and inform you once the team is complete, who is on the team, and how to contact your new teammates. Click here to Register Individually.
- Check in will be Thursday, June 6th from 5 – 8pm near the Starting Line at Swanny Park in Moab. Late check in is available the morning of the race from 6 – 7am. Team instruction is at 7:30. Pancake breakfast (free to all racers) will be from 6 – 7am.
- The 2013 Race Bible will be posted online spring 2013. You can view the 2012 version HERE as a general reference. (right click the link and select ‘download/save linked file’)
- For a detailed course map and leg details, click here.
- We have hired a professional photographer to take pictures of you all along the course. These photos will be available in full resolution for FREE after the race. Click here for photos from previous races.